Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Or at least a confirmation that we can put the OCCASSIONAL non rep based thing up on the classifieds? I wanted to put some things on last week but wasnt sure if I should!

·
Creator of RFUK - Now Retired.
12,466 Posts
Seems like a fairly popular idea, ive had several PM's in the past from people wanting to advertise off topic stuff.

Im fine with adding one, but I hope you dont mind, I would prefer to do it when the new forum software is installed. Once it is subforums will be possible which will work out a lot better.

Hopefully the new forum will be going live in about a month or so... but it could take longer, not 100% sure.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hope theres not going to be to many subforums tho t-bo! my mrs is on a rottie forum, and it can be really confusing to navigate, cos theres loads of sub forums that have sub forums that have sub forums.... etc! :?

Best to keep it seperate from the main rep related stuff tho, cos I for one wouldn't want to be trawling thru lists of playstations etc trying to look for a heat mat! :)

·
Creator of RFUK - Now Retired.
12,466 Posts
Yeah there wont be loads of subforums... im supprised how many people are apposed to them though? I quite like em :)

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
andyj5447 said:
have you not heard of ebay?! :lol:
Good point, but there is so much in our forum, that I'm sure there would be a place for general sales. The only thing I've unsuccessfully attempet to sell in the forum up to today was my wife's scooter. I've listed on ebay and hopefully it will go.

But on second thoughts, there would not need for a sub-forum, it could be just a post on the off-topic as I did :wink:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I hate using eBay! Plus, it's easier to trust people on here, because it's a closer interlinked community, eBay is just a load of random people that you've never spoken to before. I think a non-reptile classifieds section would be a great idea. The other week I put some DVDs in the reptile classifieds to raise money for my first Royal Python and even though I managed to sell a few and get enough cash together for my Royal it made me feel stupid having to put them there. So yer, I think a non-reptile classifieds section would be awesome :thumb: !

Thx
Matt
(300th Post, W00T :2thumb: !)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts