Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gary_GQ_Jones's Library | Photobucket

hello peeps newbie here looking for a bit of help

we have bought s new viv for george as you can see in the pics but when we put im in there he does nothing not even move and im not sure why as he is getting bigger all the time he will have to go into the viv at some point but i dont want to stress him out and he is on the ground a lot and digging ????

any hints and tips

many thanks

gq

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
we have bought s new viv for george
when did you buy it and when did he go in it?

Even though they're captive bred, lizards still have their natural instincts about them. So when he suddenly gets transported to new surroundings he doesn't know if it's safe or not, it's commonly known as 'relocation stress'. It can take a week or two sometimes before they settle down in their new viv and realise that there's no danger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have had the bigger viv for ages but we was very small to be out in it so we got the smaller viv for him.we put him in ovet night last night and he stayed where we put him, shall we put him in bit by bit a few hours a day are shall we put him in and see what happens overnight again.

I just don't want to stress him out

And thank you for answering me

Gq

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
if you take him in and out he'll take longer to get used to it. Just pop him in the big one and tell him to stop being soft; he'll be fine in a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts