Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all ,im new to here but happy to be, ive just got a few questions if anyone can help ,ive got 2 beardies 1 male orange and very showy 9 months 17inch a real stunner.and a female green ish with orange under chin and inner leg, i would say at the most 6 month with a nipped tail a rappid growth to 13inch, ive had her 2 month she was gave to shop a bit skitty (fine now) so what i want to no is how do i no if she is a g,giant and will they be ok together? cheers salty x p,s i would love a citris female ,ta very much

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
hi welcome, please do not take offense but please do not put together as she is way to young to breed and just cossheis it will notstop him doing itwhich at that small size and age could cause alot of health risks for her andeven death, from egg binding as to small and young to pass the eggs properly or stress of being pested andraped continually. it is alwaysbest to keep seperate and put together when at right size weightand age to breed and only for breeding then keep seperate after, although some ppl mebeing 1 have kept them successfully without the needto seperate. you will not be able to sayforsureif shes a g. giant if you dont know the parentage but if she gets above 20" itsa goodsignthatshe maybe. hope thishelps.

Reactions: scotty667

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
yea we all have to learn. if you cant seperate for the min then make sure shes got a place to hide wher she can feel safe and objects to break up his vision in the whole of the viv

Reactions: scotty667

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she has all that mate, and i ment reptor ,ive red that 1 male to 2 females is the way,p,s ive got timers and habistats and heat mats, but i dont feel safe with heat mats on at night (in this wether ) as ther is no biult in thurmostat ? or is ther please advice

·
Registered
48 Posts
she has all that mate, and i ment reptor ,ive red that 1 male to 2 females is the way,p,s ive got timers and habistats and heat mats, but i dont feel safe with heat mats on at night (in this wether ) as ther is no biult in thurmostat ? or is ther please advice
Males and females should never be kept together unless they are breeding.

2 females together is fine.

Males should always live in a viv alone.

100% sure on this.:lol2:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
About the mats and stuff, I have nothing on at night for my beardie as house temp doesnt drop that low and wood keeps heat in a bit!

And I have two statted mats on 24/7 :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks again, at least ive got some bog paper, its the same with all mags and books ,ya can read how to walk ,but until ya do ,bump, ive got £30 of .... i could of got shed loads of andrex with puppys on ,(and a clean flnnel lol) thanks again,

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
thanks again, at least ive got some bog paper, its the same with all mags and books ,ya can read how to walk ,but until ya do ,bump, ive got £30 of .... i could of got shed loads of andrex with puppys on ,(and a clean flnnel lol) thanks again,
You could use newspaper tbh if the beardie is juvenile mate :)

30p for a paper and you've got a load of substrate and a nice read!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.