Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a CRB for free of a girl who says its a reall nasty pasty. what could this be attributed to i would really like to tame it... its about two foot long i dont know how old.

am i ok keeping it in a rack? and do i need to humidify the enclosure?

cheers,
cass :crazy:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Yeah RB's need high humidity, some higher than others, babies are more snappy than adults, but if its not been handled much it wouldnt lose this snappiness, some good gloves and alot of patience should bring it round given time, expect to get tagged a few times, i was holding a baby, foot long BRB in a shop yesterday and it struck me twice in 2-3 minutes.

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
I love columbians, I prefer them to brazilian both in look and temperature. My female was about 7 foot and pretty chunky (ate rabbits!) but dog-tame. I think they will tame down quite a lot if you put in the time and effort, 2 foot there's still time. My male was only half that size though, about 4.5 foot but still very tame, placid, easily handleable and they always fed no problem.

Babies always strike like crazy but I always found brazilian worse than columbian for that and a lil bit of time and patience will prevail.

I don't know anything about a rack, I kept my pair in a 5x2x2 viv and fully grown they need a fair bit of space especially if it's a chunky female.. but at 2 foot you're probably okay for space. I've read in places that they need branches to climb on, mine never climbed anything, but did like a nice basking spot.

They do need a pretty constant high level of humidity which might be a problem in a rack. Mine also used to soak in a large tray of water every day and I would try and supply something large enough to soak in as well as drink from, and spray daily.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
yeah you do need to handel her every night if you can make sure her humidity is high and try putting a t shirt or something you have worn alot in her hide with her to get her used to your scent i did that with my brb and he is as soppy as a big bowl of sop!!:lol2: give it a go though she will soon calm down once looked after correctly!!

Fair play on the freebie

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the replies peaple and i like the t shirt trich cheers ZIPPY&VESPA.

ill post some pics soon should get her tomorow :crazy:

thanks again,
cass

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Best of Luck. Rainbow Boa's Are One Of The Nicest Looking Snakes Out There, If Not The Nicest. High Humiderty is vital For my BRB, i place a large waterbowl on the warm side, and the heat then ivaparates, And i can easily gte 70% Humiderty with this, And spray in the morning and night is a must aswell.

My BRB is kept in a contico container, And its just over 2ft (Long And Skinny Mind) My BRB has not bitten ONCE, not even in feeding frenzy. You gain some, You lose some (biters) Kind of lucky. Although I'd rather be bitten now when its 2ft and not when 3 times this....

Here is the set up;

And Him Stretching Out, See Size Difference, He Could easily stay in this for a few more months.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
my equdorans ain snappy at all, i've got them a damp box, which they come in an out of at there leasure, u can see the male on my avatar, he looks huge but he is tiny...crap pic on my phone makes him look huge lol...diff colours to the normal, his lady is more of a brown though...lovely...

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got her yesterday she is a bitch! lol :| she struck three times when i went to get her out of the girls viv to put her in the pillow case... stunning snake though.

ill post some pictures later

cass :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts