Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently Ive been inundated with requests to help people to get Mangrove snakes feeding, I am no expert with Mangroves - nor any other boiga, but I do have some experience, so I have tried to help each person individually. Unfortunately due to the sheer volume of requests I am find this increasingly difficult so I have decided to start a thread over on boiga.co.uk for us boiga enthusiasts to help all of those who are new to keeping boigas. Hopefully between us we will be able to help a few people.
Here is a link to the thread
The Boiga Zone - Mangrove feeding tips

Over half of the people who have contacted me have complained of the same problem, they cannot get their snake feeding - yet they have only had it 1/2/5 days or less than 2 weeks. This does not surprise me at all, they need time to settle in, undisturbed in the correct environment.

Others have bought Mangoves knowing they are not feeding and have no idea how to get them feeding! Well, guess what, they are not always easy to get feeding, please try the ideas given in the link before contacting me.
I will always try my best to help anyone with a boiga problem, they are my favourite species and the species I have most experience with now. But I do not know all of the answers, however I do know other experienced boiga keepers who I can contact if I cannot help.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
I was wondering how long it'd be before we start seeing threads on "Help my mangrove doesn't eat" etc.

I see a lot of people here that buy snakes and try feeding it on the day of purchase or the day after etc. I've personally never tried to feed a snake until a week after purchase.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its mad isnt it. I do offer food to new snakes sometimes but would never complain of a snake not eating if it did not eat within a week or so.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Yeah. It's worse when people purposely buy the non-feeders having no idea on how to get them feeding.

Unfortunately with you being the resident boiga lady it's all gonna be directed to you! Ah well.

How's the boiga collection coming along?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are all doing quite well, thenk you. Im especially pleased with my 3 blandingi which are now all feeding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts