Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep getting my first snake! Woo! Putting a deposit down on a Anery corn off Nerys on here. :D Cannot wait and should be with me on the 16th of Dec.

Now i have a spare 3ft viv and a spare 2ft glass tank. Either arent idea? Would i be ok for the snake to live in something like this -

Until bigger? Whats theyre growth rate like? When would it be ready for a big-ish viv?

The snake in question...:D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
although i keep hatchling royals in these, am going to say, not for a corn. they are much smaller than royals and can get heads up between lid and tub body, and end up hanging themselves. a wee faunarium should do the wee corn fine.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Butterfly, there is no gap on these?

So keep it in something like that. And just get bigger until its fully grown and put in the 3ft viv. :)

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
When it's about a year old then you can move it to either a 3ft viv or a 50l RUB. The best 'home' for a hatchling Corn is a small faunarium starter kit in my opinion.:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds easier than my beardy! haha!

The only thing i like about the tubs is you get more height...?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i use theses

or these

but yes, the top sort of boxes, corns can and do sometimes get stuck between the lid, and the lip of the box..

a baby corn can get through a remarkably small space, and i do know of people who either lost them, or had them get stuck and hang themselves.. there is a very small amount of give between the lid and the lip.

however, this is easily solved by running something like a strip of card around the top of the box.. or something like the draught excluder tape you can find for doors and windows. that should stop would be escapees

other things in the shopping list would be:

thermostat

heat mat

thermometer

water dish

hides (at least two, one at the warm end, one at the cool end)

also.. (next post)

:)

N

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
some decoration maybe?

and lastly, the substrate

if you like height too, you can go for a deep faunarium.. or a storage box with vent holes cut in..

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
good informative posts as always nerys :2thumb:

Good luck with the corn TW, youl love it, snakes are great i got my first snake (a corn) early this year, ive now got 3 lol. be warned! ITS ADDICTIVE! :lol2:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have everything else. Thanks for the advice though. Just wasnt 100% on what to use as storage because as said my spare viv is too big..:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts