Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female rankins dragon has been digging for at least two weeks (for somewhere to lay her eggs). Can i do anything to help her out (like improve her laying box which i don't think she likes as she digs everywhere but there! Can someone please help with what i should be doing right now!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
my collard didn't take to her laying box so i just dampened some sand down in one corner and she laid in there,what substrate do you have?

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
People will probably moan at me when i say but its that expandable soil stuff. I know most people put their rankins on sand but they don't come from sandy areas - one of thier common names is black earth beardies - which is pretty much compost. Is it normal for her to be digging for two weeks before she lays?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm not familiar with that soil that you use,is there any way you can dampen it down?
Mine dug for quite a while before laying so try not to worry too much just yet,how long has she been gravid?

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure you've seen it in pet shops - its called forest bed i think. you buy it in a house-brick sized package! I don't know really - did'nt really notice anything untik she was huge - I think shes been digging for around thre weeks now (I set up an incubator about 2 weeks ago); but i do know that they sometimes test where's the best place to do it. Still kinda worried coz she looks exhausted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts