Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im felling kinda lonely cos Ive beem searching all over this forum and I cant seem to find anybody with and Giant African Land Snail (or similar) Can anybody help me?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've only a few one adult but hoping to get more for company for him

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
had hundreds of the bloody things for years lol they breed like crazy when u have 2+ adults. Havnt got any now mange to rehome them all lol.

Jay

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a few, got them to have babies to fed my puffer fish, they need snails to wear their teeth down. A good regular supply of free fish food.

Duzzie

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I got 5 adults and about 150 babies dumped on me at work a couple of months back. (I work at a wildlife rehab centre, but we also have a reptile room). I am down to 3 adults and about 50 babies now. I managed to re-home 2 of the adults and 4 of the babies, my blue tounged skinks are helping me with the rest. anyone else want some they are welcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
trust me you dont want none

they grow to fast and they multiply before the eye lol exaguration a little but you dont want any they take over your life mate :bash:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I stuck to just one, best thing I ever did, couldn't kill them, but wouldn't know what to do with hundreds of babies

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
i have 3 adults who have went into a sort of hibernation the now...hmph oo and a bout 100 babies....

·
Registered
166 Posts
We have one large and one baby left out of the 200 babies that we did have.

Couldn't get rid of them, so finished them off as humanely as possible.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
if anyone has snails they don't want, then please, by all means send them my way!

the skink will eat them, also both my chameleons do, and the agamas..

and i also have 5 slow worms who appeared on my desk one day (long story!)

they would be most appreciative of any surplas snails people have!

thanks!

Nerys

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've had my Giant African Land Snail (linus) for what seems like an age and he's always been on his lonesome, but he lays fertile eggs once every 3 months i take them out and freeze them and last time he did it i ended up with about 600 of the bloody things,

wierd

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
are you all stupid! :D check for eggs daily when you find some remove them all put them in a sandwich bag, but them in the freezer for a couple of days and then completely crush them all, they will just be yolks at that stage! this is an alternative to just having one snail or having hundreds of babies, and god forbid no snails! trust me getting none is completely unneccessary, and if you only have one, somtimes they self fertilize (especially fulicas)you will have a lonely(its true that they get lonely!)and less active snail, if you need any other help ask me or go to this forum PetSnails Forum - Home

1 - 20 of 88 Posts