Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just adopted 2 baby african snails. I have a very large fish tank but its just too big for them right now so i was wondering about a tuppaware container. Do they need air holes or will they survive with an airtight lid.

Thanks
Nickynoo

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I have my two in a massive plastic container, bigger the better (for when they breed). I have soil and spaghnam moss for substrate.

·
Registered
248 Posts
you can get small plastic pet tanks pretty cheap. at the moment I've got mine in a big plastic storage box with holes drilled in the lid :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2 baby giant African land snails in a smallish tank, it's just until they grow, it came as part of a starter back.

·
Registered
416 Posts
nickynoo said:
I have just adopted 2 baby african snails. I have a very large fish tank but its just too big for them right now so i was wondering about a tuppaware container. Do they need air holes or will they survive with an airtight lid.

Thanks
Nickynoo
im sure there be ok with a tuppawar box

id try putting them in a salt box works everytime witrh mine

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
emilou said:
nickynoo said:

Thanks
Nickynoo
im sure there be ok with a tuppawar box

id try putting them in a salt box works everytime witrh mine
wont the salt melt them :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts