Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a giant milli for a few weeks and have done all I felt I should do, but she's stopped eating and seems listless. This is what I do for her: large enough container, on several cm's thick compost I got from a reptile shop, keeping moist but not wet, shallow dishes (Pringle lids etc) for food and water, filtered water, organic food only (mainly cucumber and carrots - Tesco don't do much else organic!), fish flakes, calcium powder once in a while and tiny amounts. Her container is on top of my corn snake's viv, with one side over where the heat of the heat lamp comes through. She stays there all the time, in her hide. But she's stopped eating. She did seem dehydrated when I checked her last (dry poo) even though I've been regularly spraying. So I sprayed her in my hand and she went mad on the water. Then she ate later. I've increased the spraying, but she's stopped eating again.

What could be the problem? This is the first time I've kept this species.

Alex

·
Registered
33,443 Posts
I've had a giant milli for a few weeks and have done all I felt I should do, but she's stopped eating and seems listless. This is what I do for her: large enough container, on several cm's thick compost I got from a reptile shop, keeping moist but not wet, shallow dishes (Pringle lids etc) for food and water, filtered water, organic food only (mainly cucumber and carrots - Tesco don't do much else organic!), fish flakes, calcium powder once in a while and tiny amounts. Her container is on top of my corn snake's viv, with one side over where the heat of the heat lamp comes through. She stays there all the time, in her hide. But she's stopped eating. She did seem dehydrated when I checked her last (dry poo) even though I've been regularly spraying. So I sprayed her in my hand and she went mad on the water. Then she ate later. I've increased the spraying, but she's stopped eating again.

What could be the problem? This is the first time I've kept this species.

Alex
Might be about to moult.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts