Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year again, my toad supplier for houten has sent me his list, i am reordering some of these if anyone is interested

The big ones weigh in at about 1KG and measure 8 to 12 inches and are £95

Smaller ones which are around 2 to 4 inch are £35, all i need to know is how many you want, wont need payment till the last week of November before i leave for Hamm and Houten

Not the best of pictures but should give you an idea of size

He also included these in his list
'I can offer you captive bred Dendrobates tinctorius (25-35 mm, few months old)
D. tinctorius var. Bakhuis 40x
D. tinctorius var. Brasil 40x
D. tinctorius var. Natasja 30x
D. tinctorius var. Greyleg/grijspoot
(Cites II)
No D.tinctorius sold under 25 mm.

Adult::
Dendrobates leucomelas var. Green 6x
Dendrobates leucomelas var. “net” 8x
(Cites II)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hi, I am interested, however there is a big difference between 8 inches and 12 inches and your photographs do not clearly indicate an accurate length. Could you please post a clear picture from above of the toads with a tape measure next to them so I can see the snout to vent length. 8 inch toads are common but anything bigger than 10 inches is rare. I would like to know exactly what sizes they are please and what I would be paying for. A simple picture from above with a tape measure next to it showing an accurate snout to vent length would be appreciated. Please don't take umbridge at my request as I am genuinely interested in buying and for my own research purposes, particularly if you really do have foot long toads, and especially if they're for sale. Unfortunately many people make claims of big Toads but rarely show clear photographs to back it up.

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry but the order for these went in a while back for pick up in December, i only get them in to order as i already have 12 and dont need anymore myself

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here here

Hi, I am interested, however there is a big difference between 8 inches and 12 inches and your photographs do not clearly indicate an accurate length. Could you please post a clear picture from above of the toads with a tape measure next to them so I can see the snout to vent length. 8 inch toads are common but anything bigger than 10 inches is rare. I would like to know exactly what sizes they are please and what I would be paying for. A simple picture from above with a tape measure next to it showing an accurate snout to vent length would be appreciated. Please don't take umbridge at my request as I am genuinely interested in buying and for my own research purposes, particularly if you really do have foot long toads, and especially if they're for sale. Unfortunately many people make claims of big Toads but rarely show clear photographs to back it up.

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Andy
i 100% agree: victory:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
sorry but the order for these went in a while back for pick up in December, i only get them in to order as i already have 12 and dont need anymore myself
Could you show me an above shot of your biggest one with a tape measure along side it so I can book up for the next shipment then please.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I have £1,000 sitting on my desk in cash for a Surinam Cane Toad that is 12 inches (not 10 and a half or 11) snout to vent or more. So if you have one could you post a clear above shot of one with a tape measure showing the size and also let me know it's weight. This would be much appreciated. I understand you have got some large ones of your own so perhaps a shot of one of these showing it's size so that I know your supplier can actually get one that is 12 inches long. I would then be able to put my order in. But obviously if you're selling these bigger 12 inch ones for £95.00 anyway, you would jump at my offer 0f £1,000.

I absolutely can't wait for your reply and I am very excited.

Andy:2thumb:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Could you show me an above shot of your biggest one with a tape measure along side it so I can book up for the next shipment then please.

Thanks

Andy
im guessing the toad in the pic looks 8inch, but has very nice markings i have to say.
Good healthy glands aswel.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
im guessing the toad in the pic looks 8inch, but has very nice markings i have to say.
I know mate, but I'm looking forward to seeing these foot long beasts :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I mean, if all these people are off to Hamm and Houten they should be able to bring plenty of healthy 12 inchers back, 12" mind not 11" or 10".

I expect they'll be knocking my door down when they get back and of course it'll push the price of these 12 inchers right up, so we all win.

Anyone else in the country who wants my offer is welcome to pm me by the way.

I'm waiting with baited breath.:2thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when i get back today ill get some up to dat pics, these arent for sale at hamm or houten , thats just where i am meeting him

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
when i get back today ill get some up to dat pics, these arent for sale at hamm or houten , thats just where i am meeting him

Cheers mate:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I'm getting a lot of pm's about this so I was wondering if there's any progress with some up to date pictures.
:2thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.