Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i am writing a small report on one of my faverite animals, the gila monster, partly for fun and mainly for part of my science course i am studying, and i was wondering if anyone keeps them in essex, and if you do would it be possible to arange a day were i could come round and see them and collect some primary data and closeup pictures this would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
hi everyone, i am writing a small report on one of my faverite animals, the gila monster, partly for fun and mainly for part of my science course i am studying, and i was wondering if anyone keeps them in essex, and if you do would it be possible to arange a day were i could come round and see them and collect some primary data and closeup pictures this would be much appreciated, thanks.

What sort of 'primary' data are you looking for? I think you'll find it a little difficult to base a science project around the gila monster. Good luck though! :2thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need data on there behaviour, i also need specific photos, and its easy to base the project on them because of the use of there venom in the drug exenatide

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intrigue me further... Just how will you go about gathering data on their behaviour, linking it to their venom in order to produce legitimate results to conclude your project?
i want to be ably to prove that there venom is used purely for defence, i am not sure of how to do this as i have no expieriance with gila monsters, maybe using a defrosted food items larger than the gila monster and a smaller sized one to see if goes to take the smaller one and if the larger one is put near it or wiggled about it will bite and chew its venom in, then coompare what it does with each. and to get detailed photographs of this.

thaks

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i want to be ably to prove that there venom is used purely for defence, i am not sure of how to do this as i have no expieriance with gila monsters, maybe using a defrosted food items larger than the gila monster and a smaller sized one to see if goes to take the smaller one and if the larger one is put near it or wiggled about it will bite and chew its venom in, then coompare what it does with each. and to get detailed photographs of this.

thaks
Okay. Since I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, especially during the festive season, i'll stop commenting on this topic.

Wishing you all the best with this fantastic species and a happy new year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts