Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Yes they can be kept as pets but you would need a DWAL of course you already know that hence you posted on this section, anyway i have never kept these animals but did get the chance to play with one for a short while whilst visiting florida a while back , not cheap though your looking at around 1500 dollers from what i saw out in the states proberbly change the doller sign for a pound sign beadeds are a bit cheaper but not as colourful, well the ones i saw wasnt, not sure on figures of people being killed if any at all but the venom is supposedly quite a powerfull neurotoxin but it is unable to inject venom and needs a good chew to deliver it and does not deliver a large amount
hope this helps a little

im sure someone on here with more knowledge of the Sp will tell you more and let me know if i got anything wrong lol

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Yes they can be kept as pets but you would need a DWAL of course you already know that hence you posted on this section, anyway i have never kept these animals but did get the chance to play with one for a short while whilst visiting florida a while back , not cheap though your looking at around 1500 dollers from what i saw out in the states proberbly change the doller sign for a pound sign beadeds are a bit cheaper but not as colourful, well the ones i saw wasnt, not sure on figures of people being killed if any at all but the venom is supposedly quite a powerfull neurotoxin but it is unable to inject venom and needs a good chew to deliver it and does not deliver a large amount
hope this helps a little

im sure someone on here with more knowledge of the Sp will tell you more and let me know if i got anything wrong lol

I was told there have been deaths by one of these (Or possibly by both) in the USA....Not quite sure whether by Gilas or Beaded Lizards though.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have been told they are dangerous but not deadly, not sure how true it is tho. But i would like to find out : victory:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I have been told they are dangerous but not deadly, not sure how true it is tho. But i would like to find out : victory:

They are venomous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts