Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

We have a Biorb tank which we (our son) kept a small number of freshwater tropical fish. About 6 years ago we added 3 Glass/Ghost Shrimps to help clean the tank. They have been great but the fish died off a long time ago and we are not interested in keeping more fish.

We expected the shrimp to die off ages ago but they seem to just keep going! The tank heater stopped working about a month ago but they are thriving and it doesn't seem to bother them.

We will probably sell the tank but I'm not keen on passing the shrimps to someone else in case they don't look after them. Does anyone know if we could release them into our local river/lake without them coming to any harm?

I don't want them to suffer in any way.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Joanne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glass shrimps

Hiya Mark the Glass

Thanks for quick reply.

We are in South Cambs. Not sure how easy it is to transport them? I know some of the fish we bought didn't travel from the pet shop very well. These shrimps seem hardy though so may fare better.

What area are you?

Cheers

Joanne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glass shrimps

Dear Paul

Thank you for your reply.

Don't worry I won't let them go into the wild if it could be harmful. That's why I joined the forum - to get advice on what to do for them.

I had wondered about the pet shop where we bought them, I'll try asking.

Thanks again

Joanne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.