Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just built a 7x4x4 viv and need some galss trim but can find anywhere that sells it any 1 got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i need the glass trim, i cant find it in the uk, found some in the states but price on postage is hudge?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stuff the glass slides inside. so u can slide the doors open and shut

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aresome cheers mate.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I had to prefer to them as "plastic U tracks" in B&Q before the guy knew what i meant :roll:
Obviously "glass runners" was too technical for him :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
PendleHog said:
I had to prefer to them as "plastic U tracks" in B&Q before the guy knew what i meant :roll:
Obviously "glass runners" was too technical for him :lol:
well you know what they are like in these places :lol:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys got some yesterday 6.50 for top and bottom runners :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
id say about 7 or 8 foot was a lot bigger then me :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well there is a local hardware shop near me and i just happened to pop in and ask if he had some he said he just ordered it in and arrived yesterday, so was lucky to get it but now i have the viv has its two basking lights in there all i need now is a heat mate to fit a 6.5x3.5x3.5 foot viv lol
thats gonna cost a bomb.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stupid me brought two loads thinking 1 wont be enough so now i have a 8 foot load of trim sitting there doing nothing so i have to build another viv now lol

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
nc-duk-alike said:
stupid me brought two loads thinking 1 wont be enough so now i have a 8 foot load of trim sitting there doing nothing so i have to build another viv now lol
I like that reasoning alot! If only my boyfriend did too, sigh...

The heatmat shouldnt be too bad - you only really need to cover aroundabout 1/3 - 1/2 of the cage at the warm end, so you wont need an immense one. I bought the biggest Cobra heat mat the shop had and I think it was only about 20 quid max.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i brought a 29 inch for 23.59 so that takes up about 1/5 at the mo but have ordered another 1 aswell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts