Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a trio of leopard geckos,,what do you prefer to keep your geckos in as the shop told me glass is far superior,,i thought wood was better for snakes as it provides more security for them or is it a personal preferance

·
Registered
324 Posts
Personally I would not go for glass as it is very difficult to keep the temperature correct, but not wood as it is very difficult to keep clean and disinfect and with feeding Leos with crixs - well all sorts of stuff can breed. I have my three adults in a 3ft viv, glass front and - they call it pine :roll: not real, just laminated - and it is very easy to clean and disinfect. Hope this helps and if you want a pic of my set ups (if the camera works :roll: ) I will send. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I keep all my reps in wooden vivs with glass doors at the front, easier to keep temps and the reps feel more secure.

·
Registered
324 Posts
oppps :oops: Lizards are the same as snakes, they need their hides and privacy ( I have two Royals so you can understand!!!)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i prefer wood, looks nicer and has the benefits of the glass being replaceable if it smashes, where a full glass viv has to be comp-letely replaced. woods safer around kiddies aswell.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
yep i'd go for wood too. i use glass for frogs and toads for obvious reasons but wood for lizards :D

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
wood/conti board is the way to go..saying that my leos are in glass vivs and have no problems (touch wood and whistle!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts