Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
i would say toughend cos my boa struck at the glass the uva day and luckly it was toughend so he didnt come through it

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I would always go for laminated over toughened as it will crack & stay together where as tough glass will explode & land in a small pile allowing snakie to escape!!!! :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
yer laminated even i thought it was the same why am i so thick :lol:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
yeah i know that well lol car windscreens are laminated i think arnt they weras car side windows are toughend so they shatter :D

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
i was thinking of using a perspex type of glass. Due to the fact that it'd be hard for me to cut holes in the glass for the locks etc..

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i wouldnt use perspex it warps and goes a funny colour when it gets warm, you can buy glass door locks that dont need any holes drilling/cutting.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
aye dont try drilling glass, i got a propper bit and everything to do it and i ended up smashing 2 panes, plus glass is alot cheaper than perspex! (which i was suprised at!)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
yes glass is a hell of a lot cheaper and looks better

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Glass is the dogs bollox over perspex! I tried perspex once for my beardie viv's and the whole thing is nackered! its get scratched and warped with the high temps..

As for glass and boas I think its worth tuffened... I know people who have had there boa smash 4mm glass with ease. go fpr 6mm and tuffened.... cost alot more but its worth it, especially for me as i have guinea pigs running about! :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts