Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there i have just set up a viv for leos. It has a 100 watt heat bulb as the heat source and i have left irunning for 2 days and it reaches the desired temp fine and maintains it. Is it ok to leave it off now (as mom doesnt like me using all the electric) untill i get back which is only like 5 days away . I will turn it back on as soon as i get home then will be buying my first leo the day after will this be fine to do?

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
firstly have you got a stat?
Hey there i have just set up a viv for leos. It has a 100 watt heat bulb as the heat source and i have left irunning for 2 days and it reaches the desired temp fine and maintains it. Is it ok to leave it off now (as mom doesnt like me using all the electric) untill i get back which is only like 5 days away . I will turn it back on as soon as i get home then will be buying my first leo the day after will this be fine to do?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Yeah it should be fine matey :2thumb:

Well, if you have a stat of some kind... Is it a ceramic bulb?

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
then you have nothing to worry about... lol its a viv. :p
nothign inside it so it doesnt matter... unless the viv gets hungry?... you never know though lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
then you have nothing to worry about... lol its a viv. :p
nothign inside it so it doesnt matter... unless the viv gets hungry?... you never know though lol
just i thought i had to be set up constant heat for a week before adding any reptile

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
you don't need a 100 watt bulb for leo's they are nocturnal so a heat mat does the job, a bulb is useless as they only come out at night time and its usally dark at night

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
p.s a heat mat would be better :)
when you get home leave it a few days, then get your leo :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i decided to go for a heat lamp it is a red bulb as i want to see them at night also.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the bulbs 100 watt where the matt would be 15ish watt. which would save electric and as freeky geeky said would heat the leos better.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
no need to be like that. im just tryign to help, its your first time with a gecko, and well your not goign to knwo ''everything'' no one does, just trying to help.

It helps them to digest food etc etc..

i know but i have got rocks that the heat lamp is on for the to bask on i personally feel it is more natural for them

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no need to be like that. im just tryign to help, its your first time with a gecko, and well your not goign to knwo ''everything'' no one does, just trying to help.

It helps them to digest food etc etc..
lol i know ignore me i joking. just peed off people at pet shop said the heat bulb was better for this country. i bought s tarter kit see and it came with the heat bulb. might end up getting a heat mat hwat size would i need for a 2ft tank in length by 1ft deep and 15 inch high??

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
the shops hardly ever know the right thing (some do!!) but mostly they dont. :)

1x1 mat :)

lol i know ignore me i joking. just peed off people at pet shop said the heat bulb was better for this country. i bought s tarter kit see and it came with the heat bulb. might end up getting a heat mat hwat size would i need for a 2ft tank in length by 1ft deep and 15 inch high??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oki could i just get some red spot lights then like for fish tanks so i can see in? cheers for ur help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts