Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help

I have three gold fish. I have had goldfish for many years, but over two year ago one died so i replaced it with two more goldfish.

Over the last few days the water has become dirty, like a white milky mist. I changed the water and it was fine for a few hours. the whent misty again. I came down this morning and i have eggs all over the tank. I now presume that i have two femail fish and one male.

I dont want baby fish, so do i remove the eggs? or leave them for the fish to eat (they have already started eating some)?

I have also notice the fish poo is black. I have never bread fish befor and dont really want to ...are there any sugestions to stop them doing this or is it a case of just removing the eggs when they are spawned?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Very unusual in a tank, you must look after them extremely well :)

I would have thought they will eat them eventually, you may get one or two that go a miss, but in tanks theres filters, water changes and other hazards which means you probably won't end up with any offspring :)

My goldfish used to spawn in my pond all the time but the fish along with larvae etc just ate them all again and when i did take some out and hatched them, i raised them to a couple cm in size and released them and still none survived, lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Think i will prob remove the eggs out the tank, as a googled it and said they could have fungus in them.

I was completely shocked when i saw them! Im not trying to bread them, and only just sexed them today cos i didnt even know what sex they were! Makes the tank very messy tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts