Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi what is the best way to sex a goliath bird eater please. Mine is the size of a beer-matt at the moment I know the male does not have the hooks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hi what is the best way to sex a goliath bird eater please. Mine is the size of a beer-matt at the moment I know the male does not have the hooks. Thanks.
The most accurate way is with a moult, however, I've personally found blondi to be the easiest species by far to ventrally sex.

If you could get us a decent, clear shot of the underside of the spider's abdomen, then we should be able to give you a reasonably accurate answer.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
don't know it this might be of some help? pretty bad pic, soz, my female, you can kinda make out the little pouchy job inbetween those books

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re

Have some pics guys of the underside of the abdomen. What you think..male or female? :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
lmao them pics are shocking

is it even a spider :p

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Alien doin a hand stand :Na_Na_Na_Na:
lmao it actually is!!!

that 1st photo if you look at it as though it is an alien it does look like it

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RE

OK...I get the idea the pics are crap. Will get some better ones up soon. Trust me its not a Xenomorph its a Goliath.:shock:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Banned
1,902 Posts
shame on everyone for taking the pee... we aint all good with photos :gasp:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
re

talk a few more pics now my cam is working ok. I wish some people wouldn't resort to school yard mocking this is a friendly forum thought so anyway...Anyway here or a few more still not great but you get the picture..:2thumb:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
re

Thanks Brown will take a look:2thumb: so what do you think which sex is it guys..?: victory:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
There allot better mate :2thumb: wish i could help but im pretty naff at sexing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts