Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of people say corns, I know but I'm loking for a short lived cheap ,easy adn uncoplicated snake to look after, it should be a relatively easy to tame nsake as well, also if its relatively cheap to buy the actual snake that would be good aswell, thanks!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Miranda said:
Alot of people say corns, I know but I'm loking for a short lived cheap ,easy adn uncoplicated snake to look after, it should be a relatively easy to tame nsake as well, also if its relatively cheap to buy the actual snake that would be good aswell, thanks!
I dont think a snake would be suitable......what about a hamster...short lived hahahahahaha.....SERIOUSLY :twisted:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Hi Miranda

I know you are only 11 years old but most snakes will live over 10 Years if kept properly this goes for the majority of reptiles, maybe a reptile is not something that is for you unless you are committed to its life, for instance if you buy a hatchling corn and keep it for its life it could still be around in your 20s.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
fazer600sy said:
Hi Miranda

I know you are only 11 years old but most snakes will live over 10 Years if kept properly this goes for the majority of reptiles, maybe a reptile is not something that is for you unless you are committed to its life, for instance if you buy a hatchling corn and keep it for its life it could still be around in your 20s.

oops didn't realise the age of the poster :oops:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
If You Want A Short Lived First Snake. Get A Adult Corn Snake Or Something, But its not for defernate how long they live for. If you don't want to have it for long and can't, Then i wouldnt bother at all.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Go for a Taipan, either you or him will short live :twisted:

·
Registered
632 Posts
lol :lol: nice 1 dex!!! tipans r pretty tho!!

seriously chick... why a snake... they cost alot to run, electricity bills etc... vets bills when things go wrong... what about keepin the dead mice in your freezer :? .. having a snake is great... if iits what you really want, and what about when the novelty wares off... you can't just let it go! if you were serious and were getting a snake for the right reasons (which sorry but i don't think you are!) then you would be asking questions like which one is going to be easiest to handle, feed and generally keep properly. why not try a hamster 1st? get used to looking after something, feeding it, doing everything for yourself see if you get bored. :roll:

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been thinking about getting a reptile fro a long time, and Really i dont think the novelty would ever wear off And i find it insulting to think that I would be incapable, but anyway it turns out that we dont have the freezer space for the mice so snakes are of the list anyway.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Miranda said:
I've been thinking about getting a reptile fro a long time, and Really i dont think the novelty would ever wear off And i find it insulting to think that I would be incapable, but anyway it turns out that we dont have the freezer space for the mice so snakes are of the list anyway.
if its something that the novelty wont wear off, then why do you want it short lived ? :?:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
She was asking about a short lived, cheap lizard aswell. I would go for a goldfish

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
short lived because i am planning to go to uni.NOT ebcause the novelty would wear off. :)

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Who cant find space for a couple of mice in their freezer? You could get a couple of mice at a time... most snakes feed once a week average, so you could shop for mice monthly?

I really believe that you want a reptile. When I was eleven I wanted so many things... so passionately, and nobody took me seriously.

Do your parents have any background in keeping reps?

Take some time to really research this, and maybe think about it later when you have a bit more knowledge. See if a reptile really is the pet for you.

In the meantime, I have to echo previous posters with the suggestion of a small rodent or the like...

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dont worry I have experience with pets both equine,canine guineapigs and gastropods, i am not lazy and the work for caring for them would never be a problem, and because my parents ahve no background of looking after them, I know its very annoying that people put age in the way of whether you could look after an animla properly.It depends on your level of maturity, but right now ill just stick to my snails,guinea pigs,horses and chickens, until ive finished uni.

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
whats going to happen wi all them when you go to uni. specially the horses. they are 24/7 the same as snakes.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they all live at home my parents know how to look after them, my parents arent coming to uni wiht me are they!lol

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Let's hope not :lol:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts