Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you point me in the correct direction of a good caresheet, mne and kids want some of these, but i want to get it right before i get some.
So what size setup? are they better in groups or solitary? i have a 3ft tank, only it has a crack in one corner at the bottom, how much water do they need ?? would i be ableto use like a cat littertray with waterin so that the crack wouldnt be a prob??

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
hi in my opinion a 3ft tank would be fine for 2/3 whites tree frogs. i prefere to keep them in groups as they are sociable and croak to each other :)
as with the crack in your tank i'd say it would possible be fine, u may get a bit of leakage but nothing major. if you use moss it may help to soak up any stray water and prevent leaks. a cat litter tray would be fine but make sure they have a rock or something so they are able to get out.
hope this helps and there are some good books by Bartlett abd Bartlett and The Herpetocultural Library. have a look on play.com

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you basky :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey,

i have 3 whites with 1 white lipped tree frog and they should be kept in a taller viv than longer in width, they should have lights so they can determine between night and day and they should be kept in groups ideallly, one is just mean to be on its own, but would still be happy enough. they like attention, mine love being handled and alwas want to come out. they live at a temp around 80, with a humidity of around 50%. they do require spraying often to keep up humids but i also use soil as a substrate which holds moisture in. mine have a medium sized exo terra water bowl, no need for such a massive water bowl, as long as its deep enough to swim in but shallow enough so it comes up to their noses and they cant drown. whites you dont really need to worry about getting out the bowl as they have suckers on their toes but if you were to have a non suckered frog instead then put a rock or stones in place.

good websites are: www.allaboutfrogs.org. uk
www.froggie.info/whites - excellent one
anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey,

i have 3 whites with 1 white lipped tree frog and they should be kept in a taller viv than longer in width, they should have lights so they can determine between night and day and they should be kept in groups ideallly, one is just mean to be on its own, but would still be happy enough. they like attention, mine love being handled and alwas want to come out. they live at a temp around 80, with a humidity of around 50%. they do require spraying often to keep up humids but i also use soil as a substrate which holds moisture in. mine have a medium sized exo terra water bowl, no need for such a massive water bowl, as long as its deep enough to swim in but shallow enough so it comes up to their noses and they cant drown. whites you dont really need to worry about getting out the bowl as they have suckers on their toes but if you were to have a non suckered frog instead then put a rock or stones in place.

good websites are: www.allaboutfrogs.org. uk
www.froggie.info/whites - excellent one
anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts