Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I got my Butter corn today, went to Keptville this morning and got him. He is so tame it’s insane! On the way back (After going to 'little rays reptile Zoo hehe) he slept in my hand for like an hour just sitting there, I don’t think I have ever seen a corn so tame and quiet! :D

His colourations are amazing even as a baby! He is also Het for Motley, I can see the motley trait affect him. He has some fused blotches and some starts of lines going down the side of his face and part of his body. :)

Here are some pics of him :D

Still Curled up :)

Hope you enjoy the pics!!

On the way back from picking him up we went to 'little rays reptile zoo' there were so many snakes and lizards it was insane! I think it's the highest concentration of reptiles I have ever seen in my life!

They had a 22 foot reticulated python of which was as thick as my body! They say they feed it once a month and sometimes feed it a 44 LB goat lol! seriously it was HUGE! There were also alligators (two big ones in a huge enclosure) ... and crocs.

Also there was a giant 8 foot Crocodile monitor! whoa! he was massive.... lol two adult 6 foot water monitors too... they had a few venomous snakes - Cobra, Gabon Viper, eyelash viper, Diamond back rattle, Cotton Mouth, Copper head, 15 foot Albino Burmese, False water Cobra, Yellow & green Anacondas AND! Still my fav.... the Albino Bull snake :D lol ... got to hold a 7 foot adult :D damn my next snake is certainly in place :D They had blood Pythons, they were really nice!

Lol they fed a 8 foot Burmese a rabbit in front of everyone, it was really cool!

Lol sorry I think I had a Reptile over dose today! My baby corn certainly liked being in the zoo I think, nice and humid. Funny thing is MOST of the reptiles they had were rescues! The cobra the Gaboon viper the large snakes… everything even the crocodile monitor! (cant imagine owning a cobra) Me and my girlfriend want to open up the same sort of thing in the u.k :D …. Maybe not as big lol few rescues and what not :)

My Butter has settled in really well... We fed him a little bit after we came in and he ate straight away :D

Anyway Hope you like the pics!

Matt.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds like an amazing and very tempting place, where is it please?

Think i'll go for the gaboon viper, i've had my baby corn for a week now think i might be ready to move up, LOL

Slapshot

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
cool mate, butters are my fav morph all day long

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
thats a stunner
and were is this place i wud like to see it

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, i just love butters.
not go that many at the moment, well maybe 10 or so :lol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys he is really nice!

Lol yea if you want to go the that zoo you will have to take a car to heathrow (from london) take a 7 - 8 hour plane ride to toronto or montreal, canada then drive 2 hours 50 mins to keptville Ontario :p

But worth it :D lol they had some amzing things... nothing as good as my butter though :p kidding we talked to the guy who owns it 'little ray' really nice man! knows his stuff.

Yea thats the site Greenphase.

Nice one nige!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, might be ok for a holiday, not sure i could do it for a butter corn though :lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Take me with you next time, that place sounds awesome!!
Nice butter too.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
very nice

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Lovely butter mate.

Shame about the long trip to rays. :(

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol i hope you guys dont think i went to canada just to go to litte rays reptile zoo? eh or to get a butter corn snake.. which by the way was from a private breeder not little rays reptile zoo.

I'm living in Canada at the moment but will be coming back to the u.k in about 5 - 6 months.

(Even I aint that crazy to go that far to see reptiles) :p

Anyways thanks, nice comments!

Matt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts