Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a male and he is well cute! <3 he feels like suede or something, he is so cute pics in the pic section! :D had to get an adult cos they didn't have babies, apart from one with a tail missing! :cry:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
awww.he sounds sooooo cute.im thinking about cresties either that or a couple of fat tails.havnt decided yet.are they hard to keep? i know they have to have uv dont they and think they eat baby food.sounds good.hope you are happy with him!!! :D

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
how many cresties can you keep together?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they aren't that hard to keep at all no, they are very sweet animals you should defo think about getting some.

thanks gaz! :D

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
are males of every species unwise to keep together or is it a general assumption?

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Not the males of EVERY species, but nigh on all because most males are territorial and focused on mating to pass on THEIR genes (they dont want any other males genes to survive into the next generation), so you end up with males scrapping over both space and mates.
Typical men :lol:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
most lizard males are pretty much a no no together..too much testosterone in a viv is never a good thing..however with certain amphibs like dart frogs is actually recommended...

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i always wondered :p

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
what get it's handbag out an start slapping!? bit of a bitch fight...you never know!? :)

can you get gay lizards? i know you can get gay dogs and ducks but reptiles?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
someone apparently wrote a book claiming all animals have homosexuals in the species, ricky gervais showed it in his Animals lecture.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
hmmm....in theory makes sense..not that i've ever seen it...seen some monitors try and hump smaller males but i think it was a dominant thing rather than a homosexual advance...

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Blazey said:
someone apparently wrote a book claiming all animals have homosexuals in the species, ricky gervais showed it in his Animals lecture.
Ricky Gervais is a comic not a lecturer on lizard species! :lol: Its never been proven and lizards perform the act of mating to breed nothing else.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
ricky gervais is actually very clever and if u watc it he calls it a lecture and is full of facts that are made into humour. he's a very clever man :D and the book was real, he was taking the piss out of it but it was written by a researcher.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Blazey said:
ricky gervais is actually very clever and if u watc it he calls it a lecture and is full of facts that are made into humour. he's a very clever man :D and the book was real, he was taking the piss out of it but it was written by a researcher.
I've seen it.. its bloody hilarious but doesn't mean that what he was reading is substantiated.. i've never seen anything om homosecual lizards. What would they have to gain? They don't have sex for please like humans and dolphins?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
did they tell u that?

the book may not be very believable but i was just making a point that some people have tried to research it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts