Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i got my first crestie today, infact my first reptile.

Its only young yet, and im hoping that it will become tame with time.

So is there any tips for handling a young crestie???

Ill add a few pictures but they were taken by Phil1988 who i got the crestie off :)

Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Very pretty crested :) when handling very young cresties its best to keep handling down to a minimum.
3 or 4 short sessions of 5 minutes each per day, to begin with. To get them used to it put one hand in front of the other and let the crested walk onto the hand, then put your other hand in front, and so on.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im pretty sure he said he's going to the show next mounth, which ever one that is? :)

If you look on the link, its got there date of births above the pic's. Not sure exactly but i think it ws about 8 weeks old?? ish...

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Hey mate, glad you like the little guy/girl :Na_Na_Na_Na:

But yeah, if anyone is interested in any more then just give me a PM rather than posting in this thread.

Good luck with him/her mate, let me know how you get on! :no1:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Congrats on the little one.
Tip for handling do it over a table or something as they tend to jump about a bit and if they do take a flying leap they wont hurt themselves. Its funny watching them eyeing up the next target and you will soon be able to tell when they are about go for it. They really are lovely little things.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Awww wow a stunning little thing! :mf_dribble: I only bought my baby cresty a month or so ago, he was very nervous at first but now seems more comfortable with handling. Like other people have said, I have found the best way to handle them in to let them jump from one hand to another, with your palms facing upwards and your fingers making a cup shape. place your hands close together though. Mine always over shoots when he jumps but does land on my hand/fingers ok, I just make sure i handle him while sitting on my bed - small drop onto a soft bed if he has a bad jump lol :2thumb:. I think cresties normally try to find the highest point of whatever they are on (unless wanting to sleep), this may include your head btw lol so if you want to get a decent look at your cresty, keep yours hands/fingers fairly raised so that it climbs to your fingertips. Enjoy your new baby x

·
Registered
159 Posts
Awwwwww such a cutie, I'm concerntrating (sp?) on corns atm and OH is into beardies but I so want to get some geckos some of the more unusual morphs and cresties as but as OH keeps saying I want every unusual pet I see :lol2:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol Yer well i think all the credits have to go to phil, it looks even better in person i think lol.

Any idea on what morth it is, iv not much of a clue on the differnt morth's so..... lol!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I got my first crestie today too!

Was going for a baby, but I have a big-ish viv so needed a decent sized cresie instead, hope i can still train him!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Snap!!! I got my first Crestie today as well!! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Haven't handled him except for getting him into his new viv. Don't want to stress him out too much in one day :D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been handling it last few days and it seems fine :) getting less jumpy everytime, that or im getting better at judging when its about to and block it off lol!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome to the crestie gang bet he she looks lush when fired up.

Mine looked just like yours as a baby and I was told mine was a Harlequin but who knows, adorable hun:mf_dribble::mf_dribble:

·
Registered
92 Posts
what a cutie! =] im getting two on sunday cant wait!

C

·
0 Posts
Nice Crestie :) she/ he is a flame as there isn't enough patterning on the sides or legs to be classed as a harlequin ;) I like the contrast though :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts