Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am treating my adult BCC for an RI at the moment, so thought I'd give the F10 a try too.

Bought a nebuliser from Maplins, so just looking for some input from those of you familiar with this model?
This one:
Maplin > Portable Nebuliser

I'm planning on transferring the boa to a 50L RUB for treatment, so I can just make a hole for the nubuliser mouthpiece and have it running from the outside so it can't be knocked over. Is this ok?

I've got concentrated F10 solution from Ebay, the way I understand it the 1:250 mixture (4ml to 1 litre of water) is best for this treatment? Or should it be adjusted according to the size of the snake? She's a big girl at 5.8kg, so not sure on how many treatments a day is the norm? Would once in the morning and once in the evening be enough??

Anyway, eager to give this a go. She's just finished her course of Baytril jabs but is still sounding a bit wheezy/clicky, so figured I'd try this first before re-visiting the vets.

Any help appreciated! :)

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
The dilution is the same for any snake. Just set the neb up as per instructions with it, add the diluted f10 and your good to go.

I use this neb with no problems

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dilution is the same for any snake. Just set the neb up as per instructions with it, add the diluted f10 and your good to go.

I use this neb with no problems

Cool, cheers for the reply. I figured I had it right - just want to make sure.

How many times a day should it be done??

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
from what i understand its mornng and night, each time is 2 refills/runs
thats what i do, (worked a treaty on 1 of my royals but not on current prob :-( )

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I do it as often as I remember tbh. Usually 4-6 times a day. Don't worry about putting it in with the snake either. They don't break if knocked over. My boa hurls hers around her viv as she likes it and gets cross when it stops!!!

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but only use the neb in conjunction with vet treatment as it is a good help but wont cure alone.

Am not suggesting you would but for others reading this

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but only use the neb in conjunction with vet treatment as it is a good help but wont cure alone.

Am not suggesting you would but for others reading this

absolutely agree with this although my first one with r.i. had a nasty strain that didnt respond to normal antibiotics and by time swabs revealed this he started to respond to nebilising, hes 99% healed now

my current problem baby has a normal strain that should be responding to normal antibiotics but am now on second sort of antibiotic and been nebulising for donkeys and no use yet

but definately best as a support measure

as is "critical care" in water

1 - 8 of 8 Posts