Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok can someone shed some light please? Iv been offered a granite royal but cannot find anything on the genetics side of them!! Anyone have any info it would b greatly recieved xx

G

·
they are a dominant...fairly normal patterning...but where the alien heads `would be` its replaced with `speckling`and peppered with black patches

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats wat I thought they were and the pics are consistent with that :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Or (which is more likely) therey won't be dominant and there may or may not be a chance of some of the hatchlings having speckling too...

'Granite' is probably one of the most misused, abused and exploited terms for royals! lol :roll:

G

·
oldelpaso said:
Or (which is more likely) therey won't be dominant and there may or may not be a chance of some of the hatchlings having speckling too...

'Granite' is probably one of the most misused, abused and exploited terms for royals! lol :roll:
yep very true...as long as your getting from a reliable source though...your ok.
they look so normal which is half the problem

ive seen so many on classifieds saying their granite...when there blatently not

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Invex He is isnt csting me anything...My friend has to downsize as is preg and has been offered this breeding size male granite from crystal palace in exchange for a cpl of her rat snakes, and she has said if i want him she wil just do a str8 swap

G

·
providing it is deffo granite...go for it.
even if it isnt...i`d prefer a royal to rat snakes anyway :D
hope it is though.....you got a bargain if it is xxx

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok for opinions...here ya go, this is the snake, he was bought from crystal palace reptiles, Let me know wat ya think

·
Registered
641 Posts
This snake has already featured on another thread and it was deemed as not being a granite. It's still a nice snake though 8)

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hammer Man said:
Looks like a normal to me but if its free like you say then its still something to be happy with!! :lol:
My thoughts precisely HammerMan :D

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Defo ukbob! Nice strip down the back as well.

Looks like a beauty. Not sure why ralph is charging that much.. i've never seen prices on granite's before, this certainly puts things into perspective doesn't it... :shock: lol

Initially i was thinking nobody could just give away a $10k snake.. but.. obviously i have a different opinion on it now. Maybe with different pictures of what is on offer it would be easier to determine whether it is or not.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i was lucky and picked up that female when people were just starting to look at granites having said that there are several CB bloodlines in the US now that sell for about $500... i think ralphs price more of a "i dont really want to to sell but if you pay me stupid money i will..." LOL! have a look at some of his other projects like his banded ball pythons... cory woods has a well established line of banded ball pythons and doesnt ask such high prices

in my experience granite ball pythons exhibit such a wide variation in pattern and price some are absolute bargins others arent...

regards
bob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts