Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i catch them in the wild and give them to my collared?just litle ones...

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
you can as long as you don't get them from an area where poisons have been sprayed or near busy roads...they make a good food addition..
not that you will be able to get them at this time of year!! you could try tree banding but it usually only yields smaller wild prey...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will catch them in a farm:p

no poisons there..i know it's winter but i see some grasshopers many times! tkz***

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
suppose if your in portugal there should be some around!! :)
farm? might be more poisons than anywhere else!!? would try a wild field that hasn't been touched for a while...long grass is the best..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a farm but not a real farm:p there are wild fields with long grass;) there are no animals there( cows, chickens) i cal farm because ther's a lot of space there,no poisons are used there... it's my second house:p in the last weekend i saw some grasshopers and this weekend i will try to catch some of them;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I wouldn't feed wild insects in case they've got parasites that they can pass onto your reps!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
your right there could be parasites but the same could be said for all live food...you can never know for sure but then saying that do you always wash your hands before feeding/holding or changing water? f your rep is gonna get something is more likely gonna be from you....sad but true...
i often, during the summer, go and gather grasshoppers..is cheap and creates interest in what can be a very boring mealtime!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Grass hopers can give an nasty bite be careful

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know:p before feed my collared with them i will put them here at home and feeding them about a few days, to they get a good nutrition and after that i'll feed my collared!what grasshopers eat?same as crickets right?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Grass I'm not sure they'll eat much else they've not be culvated but yeah the nutrinets you can give them the same

1 - 10 of 10 Posts