Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i thought i would post sime pics of my gravid boa, she ovulated 23rd feb and shed 14th of march and is due around 28th june.

(ovulation)

(shed)

(progression)

(start of scale seperation)

will put more on she gets further along

·
Registered
882 Posts
she looks a bit slim in the first few pics but i do like the idea of a progress thread

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She looks thin due to the ovulation swell she had made her look thin, before I put the male with her I made she she had fattened up nicely and was in prime condition, I offer her a small/med rat every 2 weeks and she finally took 1 after 8 weeks into the gestation she is on day 65 and everything going well. She stays on the warm side of the viv and comes for a drink ever few days then bk on her warm side.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a common male with her, I did buy him as a guyana but found out he is just a pretty common with a few widdow peaks, my own stupidity as I didn't do research into true red tails but a common male

·
Registered
882 Posts
still seeing baby boas is one of the best things ever in my opinion norms or morphs, cant wait to see the baby

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm excited about it, my 1st time of breeding but still can't wait, still gt a while to go before I see anything from her

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
still seeing baby boas is one of the best things ever in my opinion norms or morphs, cant wait to see the baby
Yeah but not at the cost of the mother that boa doesn't look like it was in good enough health to be bred fingers crossed she makes it through the hugely demanding ordeal

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I woke up this morning 2 her eyes being clouded ova and she is on day 66, week 9 so was wondering can gravid boa,s shed during gestation ??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just woke up to see that she is on the cool end of the viv and it was the 1st time since her ovulation, is there a reason?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi she is on day 78 weeks 11 just wondering would it be best 2 put substrate in with her for when she has the babies or leaver her on newspaper??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts