Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i have a gecko who's become gravid without mating, she lives with another female the same size, but she's too small to be laying eggs in my opinion. she was 37g at last weigh in. is there any way to put her off laying, if i cooled her would she reabsorb the eggs? think she's due to drop any day soon as she's become restless

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, both girls for sure, in fact all in the viv stack are female, the males are at the other end of the wall in their own vivs

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was that more than a month ago? could yours be gravid again diz? must be the warm weather inducing the breeding instinct. is there anything i can do to stop her laying?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you use fruit baby food (what flavour?) and are you still giving it her?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
she has a carte dor tub with vermiculite in it and she's in out in out but she won't let the other gecko near it lol, think i might puree some chicken tomorrow and try her with that when she lays

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if she's going to keep laying clutches should i mate her instead of her wasting her dud eggs? or is she likely to only lay one clutch?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i'll leave her to her own devices, hopefully she'll just lay 1 single egg clutch and be fine but if she lays more next month i may re-consider

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
she layed me a single egg today it was half sized and weighed 2g . i just fed them all and she didn't eat a thing, usualy she's first to start eating so i think the stress of laying has upset her, is it worth trying her with some baby food, what flavour do other peoples leos seem to like? i tried her with crested gecko diet but she didn't want to know and wouldn't even lick it off her nose, she wiped it off on the side of the viv, naughty girl, so what flavours please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.