Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
i had the same problem a few weeks ago, i had a 30 something gram leo, laid 2 huge eggs, had never been near a male, or at least not while it was with me, i had to use bone aid drops for extra calcium as she started showing signs of mbd, she lost quite a bit of weight from her tail as well, i fed her with baby food, as soon as she layed she started eating quite alot, and now shes absolutely fine.

·
Registered
979 Posts
was that more than a month ago? could yours be gravid again diz? must be the warm weather inducing the breeding instinct. is there anything i can do to stop her laying?
well i keep checking her and i think it is probably about a month, i cant see any more eggs developing, she laid them about 3 weeks after i bought her from the rep shop, she was in a group at the shop so there was probably either a male in there or she had been within sniffing distance of a male. she is along way from any of my males, i would worry alot if she was having more due to the weight loss she suffered last time.
you wont be able to stop her laying, but they can reabsord the eggs but its unlikely, as mine lost weight i just kept putting little blobs of baby food on her nose for her to lick off.

·
Registered
979 Posts
did you use fruit baby food (what flavour?) and are you still giving it her?

no ive stopped giving her coz she eating like a pig now, it was just to give her a bit of food before she layed,because she stopped eating,and was losing alot of weight, you can give them either fruit based, apple or pear, or chicken. is yours digging yet, assuming you've given her a nesting box, first egg layers tend to dig everyday for about a week before they lay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.