Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 8 weeks my 4 mth old gray-band actually ate two pinkies on her own! The secret of my success...........T-Rex Lizard Maker!! : victory:

I was so happy I cried as I really thought that we were going to lose her. We had tried assist feeding but she was too small, so we cut a tail off a mouse and were going to try that if the lizard scented pinkie hadn't worked. But it was surplus to requirements I'm pleased to say. So I can recommend T-Rex Lizard maker.

I'm such a proud mum :wink:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah chuffed to bits as she's my first snake and she has the best temperament ever! She's a gem <3

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Thats great news Kerry. Im going to get some lizard maker today for my variable. Hopefully it will start him on pinkies properly.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah i like grey banded myself, would have had one but fell for the milk instead!

·
Registered
675 Posts
that's awesome news! you must be so pleased! congrats! :D

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Well done. Greybands are notoriously difficult to start feeding but fingers crossed for you now you've started. Did you buy it as a non-feeder or discover this afterwards?
Graham.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She fed for the first two weeks I had her then just stopped! :? That's why I was so overwhelmed when she started again. Hopefully she will keep feeding now and grow. I've had her for nearly 3 months now and she's only shed once. Fingers crossed I've cracked her code. :)

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Kerry1 said:
After 8 weeks my 4 mth old gray-band actually ate two pinkies on her own! The secret of my success...........T-Rex Lizard Maker!! : victory:

I was so happy I cried as I really thought that we were going to lose her. We had tried assist feeding but she was too small, so we cut a tail off a mouse and were going to try that if the lizard scented pinkie hadn't worked. But it was surplus to requirements I'm pleased to say. So I can recommend T-Rex Lizard maker.

I'm such a proud mum :wink:
Hi Kerry, what is T-Rex Lizard Maker ? I'm having problems feeding one of my snakes, would love to try something different :wink:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Thanks Cyber. Right after I posted, I searched the internet and found out exactly what it was about, then I ran to my local shop and bought it.

Tried tonight, but it didn't work :(

I took the male to the shop and the bloke (who's been keeping and breeding boas for over 20 years) spotted mite on him straight away.

So if he had mites, it's likely that she's got mites as well. He said that often mites will put snakes off food. The male is feeding fine, the female was feeding Ok with Maki recently, but after the move she hasn't settled in yet.

I've even placed her in a smaller tub, but still no joy.

I made an appointment with the vet, will take both there on the 22nd of August, and get them treated. But hopefully she will feed before I go there, because I'm really losing sleep over this.

Thanks loads :wink:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update on my hatchling gray-band. This is the 3rd week in a row she has eaten. This week we tried plain pinkies without the T-Rex lizard maker on them and she ate three, striking at every one! She's never struck fed in all the 3 months I've had her! That's my girl! <3

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Nice one Kerry, well done. My hog that wasn't eating, has now started feeding as if has gone out of fashion. In my case it was just that she didn't want fuzzies, but adult mice :shock: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts