Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 Yr old sunglow boa had a great litter Sunday and I thought I'd share some pics,
Pairing was kahl sunglow x roswell ladder tail het kahl albino. He definitely proved out
13 live, 3 still and 2 slugs.
3 normal /rlt babies and 10 live sunglow/albino, even the 3 stills was albino
So amazing odds
First pics are dad and mum when she was gravid
Can't wait to see them after shed
Some amazing colours on them already, I love the rlt tails

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Very nice, good odds. For those that don't understand in theory it should be 50/50

I had the reverse with a clutch of blood pythons a few years ago. Visual albino to a het albino, so in theory 50/50. 17 eggs. 2 went off during incubation. 15 made it to the end, 13 normals, 2 albino, 1 of which pipped the egg and then died for no obvious reason. Total healthy babies: 13 normals, 1 albino.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice, good odds. For those that don't understand in theory it should be 50/50

I had the reverse with a clutch of blood pythons a few years ago. Visual albino to a het albino, so in theory 50/50. 17 eggs. 2 went off during incubation. 15 made it to the end, 13 normals, 2 albino, 1 of which pipped the egg and then died for no obvious reason. Total healthy babies: 13 normals, 1 albino.
Thanks.
I was expecting the other way round too, normally the case when you wanting something special from a pairing

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sometimes the odd gods are with you lol. Nice one. When I was breeding royals I tried 8yrs for a Panda Pied and didn’t hit it once (1/16 odds with the right pairing).
Yes it's so frustrating when you don't hit the odds, especially after years of pairings
panda pieds are one of my favourites out the Royal morphs, that's for sure

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A few update pics from this awsome litter
Here's a couple of holdback kahl sunglow rlt boas, they have so much colour, first the female then the male, the male has nice narrow saddle bands

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts