Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do and will crickets eat themselves to death, I had about 300 crix and about 90% of them have died within the last 3 hours, i put some pork fat(cooked) in a bowl with some veg for them to eat about 5 hours ago, when i fed my bd at 7o'clock they where all fine and running around , now they're all dead, biggest problem is that they would have lasted over the lazy postman time of xmas when no-one delivers, now i'm screwed, i dont get paid until friday and wont get any delivered until the end of next week at the earliest.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
lol.i swear my hoppers do that.i buy a bag,give my leos some then go in a couple of days later and half of them are dead! :confused:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
hoppers need to be kept pretty warm..if just kept at room temp they tend to die...or when they molt they do some horrible half in half out thing..is like a scene from the fly...

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
why are u feeding them pork???? :? :? my live food stays alive for ages (have some here i bought a month ago and still going strong.crickets are best with a little fresh veg everyday.i give my hoppers/adult hoppers fresh veg everyday too.and clean them out too.they will die if not kept well and not cleaned out also keep them in a warm place (especially hoppers).i dont understand about giving the crickets pork tho.i wouldnt give my live food anything i didnt want inside my reps.you are what u eat after all.(and beardys dont eat pork!!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts