Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just a couple of quick pics of 1 of my anacondas, enjoy :D

these pics are pretty good for me most wont be as clear as i am not to handy with a camera :roll:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good question, its actually a quail (thawed) and is all this snake would eat when i first got it. it took me ages (read 1.5 years +) to convert it to rats ! i personally dont think birds (quail, chicks whatever) are very nutritional for a snake so wanted it on rats anyway + when it gets real big it would take a big amount of birds to satisfy it each feeding :wink:

it would take mice, but not rats, but they were like chicken nuggetts to it size wise, but its eating rats nicely now and is bangigng some weight on since the switch :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
simonc said:
no offence nige but now thats a snake!
Where did you get him/her from i am interested in owning a green?
a friend owns a reptile shop and was offered the green along with a big retic from a member of the public, he offered me the green and regreted it straight after lol it has a perfect temperament, and touch wood has never hissed, struck at me or bite me 8)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
murinus said:
simonc said:
a friend owns a reptile shop and was offered the green along with a big retic from a member of the public, he offered me the green and regreted it straight after lol it has a perfect temperament, and touch wood has never hissed, struck at me or bite me 8)
You one lucky guy in that case..... but it don't half look mean!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welshgaz said:
murinus said:
simonc said:
You one lucky guy in that case..... but it don't half look mean!
lol i think i am, tbh i have 3 anacondas 2 green and 1 yellow and (touchwood lol ) they are all gems and all like this one. when the shop had hatchling greens in most of them were very good. outa the 2 i would say greens have 'far' better temperaments than yellows, but that said i know 2 other people with yellows that are as good as gold ! but they definately are few and far between lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Ohhh...Thats gorgeous! I do love anacondas :lol: Would love a green, but they just get too big for where I am living at the moment.

That certainly is a lovely snake though, lucky guy :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Ive just moved my yellow into a viv from the tub he has been living in so far and tbh he was as good as gold!
Hope yours is still behaving sara!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
simonc said:
Ive just moved my yellow into a viv from the tub he has been living in so far and tbh he was as good as gold!
Hope yours is still behaving sara!
Lol, yea he is still behaving! He is blue at the moment though, so I have left him to it lol, but so far so good :lol:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
wow that was a stunin pic of a stunin snake...wow i would love 1...maybe in the very distant future...wow

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks again peeps, i will get some more pics soon, some of me holding them aswell so you can see the sizes :D

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
wow that really is amazing. i'm soon to get a retic. i presume a green anaconda would be a step up from that. is it true that they can get quite smelly?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi, well to answer a couple of questions i would say that a anaconda is probably on a par with a retic rather than a step up, i have both, but some people might say otherwise so thats just my opinion :D obviously it could depend on the particular snake but as you know they can both get massive, both can be either 'tame' or grumpy ? i would say a retic is a lot more alert and anacondas can be rather lazy but they sure move quick when they strike

as for smelly, well i guess you heard right. when i got my first yellow anaconda and it did the bussiness i can remember thinking 'jesus that stinks ' !! it definately smelt worse than a snake of similar size, but i must of got used to it now :wink: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
southern-scrub said:
Beautiful snake, is it male or female?
tbh i dont know ? although they are slow growing i would guess the animal pictured is a male, but its only a guess as i havent had it probed, they can apparently be sexed wrong aswell because they have a large scent gland that can throw off the inexperienced prober lol. my other green was probed as a female, and i would tend to agree as its growing a lot faster than this one, although it is my best feeder by far :lol: so you never know :? i doubt i will ever try breeding them so till then i dont really need to know as they are just 'pets' :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts