Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two females where I work that I have the privilege of taking care of. They are currently in the 9-11' range, and I can handle them just fine despite their size. That's about the size of a small male green anaconda, isn't it?

How large and heavy do the females get? One of my coworkers was saying they often got to be around 20' long, but wouldn't that be like a record size? What's the longest one we know of, and what's an average weight?

It's annoying you can't google simple questions like this without getting stupid answers like 500+ pounds and 30+ feet long...

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
There are two females where I work that I have the privilege of taking care of. They are currently in the 9-11' range, and I can handle them just fine despite their size. That's about the size of a small male green anaconda, isn't it?

How large and heavy do the females get? One of my coworkers was saying they often got to be around 20' long, but wouldn't that be like a record size? What's the longest one we know of, and what's an average weight?

It's annoying you can't google simple questions like this without getting stupid answers like 500+ pounds and 30+ feet long...
its extremely rare for an anaconda to reach a genuine 20 feet long,the longest recorded by Jesus Rivas or related persons is to date 19ft 2in and weighed 102kg,there are of course many claims of monsters but so far they seem to be exaggerations much like many giant snake claims unfortunately

·
Registered
11,783 Posts

you will be very fortunate to see a female anaconda much over 16ft in captivity tbh,someone I know in Germany owns one over 16ft but that appears a rarity,I know Danaconda on here has a female just over 13.5ft with a big girth to her that's still growing well.
One of my old big females is on display at the reptile reserve owned by James from cold blooded in rainham Essex,she will be around 24 years old now and is pretty big but not huge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.