Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what the appropriate UVB light would be for a Green Anole in a 12x12x18 exo terra tank? A tube light preferably as I've read compact UVB lights can harm their eyes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Heey I have a colony of green anoles and I breed them and stuff, 5.0 is usually ideal just make sure it covesr the entire length of the tank, if it’s a few inches of then that’s fine.. I have a 4ft tank with a 5.0 tube light on the back and a 5.0 covering one side going long ways for my plants.. I think but I’m not to sure.. if you have any more questions then message me 😉 😉

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Heey I have a colony of green anoles and I breed them and stuff, 5.0 is usually ideal just make sure it covesr the entire length of the tank, if it’s a few inches of then that’s fine.. I have a 4ft tank with a 5.0 tube light on the back and a 5.0 covering one side going long ways for my plants.. I think but I’m not to sure.. if you have any more questions then message me 😉 😉

Hi, it`s best to offer advise on the forum so other members can take part if they wish. A decent brand UVB tube only needs to be around 2/3rds the enclosure length so the animal/s can retreat from it if they choose.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
As this is an Exo Terra, it will be covered by mesh with the UVB outside the tank. I would recommend using an Arcadia UVFlood, mounted about an inch above the mesh, which will give a great gradient for Anoles. Then make sure you provide areas of open basking, interspersed with areas of cover, preferably from live plants.

For the plants, a 9 or 13w Arcadia Jungle dawn would be sufficient, mounted next to the UVFlood, then a Halogen on a dimming thermostat as a heat source.

Reactions: Arcadiajohn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts