Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend walked in my room and he looked in my anole viv and few seconds later i heard him say " oh my god they're doing it" so looked over and they were in fact doing it. anyway i was just wondering what people who breed them do when the female lays the eggs eg. do you use an icubator, do you leave them in the viv...?

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Eggs must be incubated soon after they are laid. Pick the eggs up without turning them; place them in the same position in which they were found. Use vermiculite or some type of soil that allows for ventilation. A plastic sweater box with holes punched in the lid will keep them warm and will provide some air- flow. The substrate must be kept moist but not wet, and temperatures should be around 85F, for about 40 days.
According to:
http://members.aol.com/Mite37/TPFGA.html

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i leave mine in and just take the babies out when they hatch.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have any floor heating or anything like that?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
no alls i use for heating is a powersun bulb.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i'll try and get a link for ya of this forum. put it on there but there is one alot better than mine on there. one min....

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
ive just looked, you've already seen it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh ok is it that stack one?
how big is your viv and how many bulbs do you have?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
unfortunantly my isn't the stack one :cry:
mine is 4ft wide x 3ft height x 2ft deep and i have a 160watt powersun in it.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
thats interesting, is that the big round UV bulb instead of the tube?

We use two 150 watt bulbs in ours, they used to be brown all the time and always in the top of the viv, but since using 300w in total they have been green and use the whole viv instead of just the top half.

I love seeing how other people do things differently to us, get my brain ticking, lol :lol:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
lol yeah thats the one. all of them a pretty much green all the time, however the bulb died the other day so i went out to get a new one and there weren't any so i bought another kind and since putting it in not one has been green so goina have to order a powersun again.

·
Registered
697 Posts
what do you feed your anoles i got a trio three or four months back i feed them brown crickets and flies that have changed within the hour,
i read you can give them whats under the hedge row where i live that would be crisp packets i want to try differant things for them but safe food

1 - 14 of 14 Posts