Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female conure and a male conure.
on 11/27/07 i came back home from school and my male conure was looking sick. my parents told me that they took him and her outside to play and the male looked sicked so they took them inside.

The male looked sleepy and runs with his wings open and looks very ill.
i had him lay near me and all of a sudden he looked as if he had a seizure or something because he was just flapping his wings with his neck up as high as he can and he layed stiffed but he was not dead yet. he was crying in pain and did the same action over again and i took him to the cage. my mom got home and he died at that second. we didnt know what killed him or how he even got sick. I cryed for 2 days and i still cry now because we are worried about the female. she is always screaming because she is away from the male conure. it just makes me sad thinking about it since the male and a female conure had a strong relationship together

My mom bought medicine for the conure before i got home and it looked like it was getting better but unfortunately it was not.
the female bird always yells when the male is away from her. the male bird would also protect her and always bite me when i tryed to touch her.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
I'm sorry to hear it. I had a pair of Greenies years ago, and they were lovely birds.

Though it might be tempting to go and get another one to keep your girl company, I'd watch her for a while first to make sure she's perfectly healthy even if she's lonely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts