Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Can you tell me at what sort of rate do Iguans grow? and from an owners point of view, how do you find keeping them.
There an amazing Rep, one ive been interested in since I did my care of exotics back in 97. I know a fair bit about them but would like to know more from an owners point of view.
We always said when we move to our 3 bedroom house (sometime in the next few years) that we would get one as a free roamer with various basking spots around the house and his only little house to hide away in. I understand that to own an Iguana is not a decision to be taken lightly and know of all the pros and cons of free roaming ect.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
My first lizard really was an Iguana, they grow quick, mine went from hatchling [about 9 inches total length i reckon..long arse tail]
to about 2 and a half /3 feet in just over a year i think..
but id say they are good in a large viv [6ft tallx4x4] for 3 years so gives you time to move and stuff]
Can only really speak for mine but she was lovely, absolutely faultless as a pet and as a display piece...you know what i mean.
Im all for the keeping of iguanas and i feel sooo angry about the "we dont stock iguanas as they dont make suitable pets" comments that are going around a lot in recent years.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they can make great pets given the right care and attention. My friend had one years ago called Elvis, he had an open viv and was free to roam. When he needed a poo he would stand by the bath as he would only poo in a warm bath lol. When he walked he reminded me of tina turner!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts