Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i right in thinking that you get bright green rat snakes? How different are they to looking after corn snakes? If i'm wrong, what would you say would be the best bright green coloured snake species for someone with about 9 months of experience looking after snakes (nothing DWA)? Are they readily available? Could i get one within my budget of £200? Pics would be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
The Red-Tailed Green Rat Snake?
Not Seen Any of these in cpativity to be honest. (Others Probably Have).

And Seeing as there not very popurlar, i think they would be quite pricey. Even WC. Correct Me If Im Wrong.

A Other Good Snake Which is a gorgous green is a rough green snakes. They feed on crickets from a young age, and continue on crickets through there life time. These are usually wild caught and live for only a couple of years.

Let me know if u find a red tailed green rat snake! I'd be interested. Stunning :]

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I have a Green snake its called a Rough Green Snake, eats insects looks nice and costs about £20.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Also These Beauties, Rhynchophis boulengeri Rhino Rat Snakes/Vietnamese Long nosed Rat Snake.

I've seen these on crystal Palace before. I remember them being priced around 350.

Absolutly gorgous.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
The Red-Tailed Green Rat Snake?
Not Seen Any of these in cpativity to be honest. (Others Probably Have).

And Seeing as there not very popurlar, i think they would be quite pricey. Even WC. Correct Me If Im Wrong.

A Other Good Snake Which is a gorgous green is a rough green snakes. They feed on crickets from a young age, and continue on crickets through there life time. These are usually wild caught and live for only a couple of years.

Let me know if u find a red tailed green rat snake! I'd be interested. Stunning :]
About £80. I've had one many years back and a few people here have them also. They're not too many CB about and WC stock don't acclimatise very well. If you can acquire a CB or a WC which has fully acclimatised then you're laughing:)

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
i have some green snakes...:whistling2:

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
There are a couple Green Rat Snakes (other than the above mentioned).
I've completely forgotten the latin now I need to remember it lol
I shall google!

·
Registered
7,244 Posts

Elaphe prasina, Apparently.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
There are a couple Green Rat Snakes (other than the above mentioned).
I've completely forgotten the latin now I need to remember it lol
I shall google!
Assam green trinket snake (Elaphe frenata) is one.

I think the rest are all priced way over budget (other than red-tailed racers and rough greens or smooth greens) as far as green snakes go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts