Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im confuzzeled :(

i went to my pet shop today looking for a male leo and they only have one leo left , a female and now im deciding ,

should i get that female leo or should i get a few anoles

im really confuzzled as i like leo's more but anoles are cute lil things

what would you get personally ?

female leo = £40 bout 1 - 1 n half yo
anoles = £6 ea was planning on around 5 +

what do you think ?

and also my young leopard gecko libby is about to shed and atm she doesnt like being handled and normaly shes fine with it is this normal ?( her first shed with me )

is it normal for her to stop eating around this time ?

and i was readin up on this anole care sheet and honestly its a dumb Q but wtf does ,"mist the viv twice a day" mean , i dont understand this ? lol

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
so u have the vivs anyway for the anoles?

id get the female leo and then url have 2 females to breed with your male when u get it.

although right now if i had the viv id go for a few anoles over one leo for sure.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nop im getting the viv and the rep(s) tomorrow , plus i already have 2 female leo's just dont wonna put the 3rd in the viv coz the others are only few months old lol

this other is a full grown

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Misting is usually done with a sprayer - like the small bottles with a trigger on top for plants, which are great for smaller cages. My big tegu needs a 5 litre bottle for his cage! You just spray into the cage to increase humidity :D Easy. You could buy an automatic mister if you feel lazy, but make sure it can spray a fine mist or the little anoles will be battered by the big drops. Also, make sure the water is lukewarm or you can reduce the cage temperature massively until it heats up and evaporated.

I personally wouldnt own anoles as (for me) theyre just too small and unhandlable...although I wouldnt mind making a naturalistic setup for them to run wild in. Its hard to resist new pets, but I would try and stick to your original plan and wait for the male. You wouldnt want to buy something for the sake of it and just get bored of them after youve spent all that money.

Or, maybe you can find another shop to visit! :D

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im lucky lol reptile shop is round the corner from me lol

only one for like 40 miles tho :(

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
id wait and get the leo you really wanted.if you wanted a male then there was a reason behind it so dont settle for seccond best just because its there and there are no males.did you want a adult male?cant you get one online at all?I wouldnt no about the anoles as i havnt kept one.with regards to your leos,they sometimes do go off their food when they shed or are about to shed.mine tend to.but also sometimes mine go a little grumpy and dont like being handled when they are shedding so i wouldnt worry to much. :wink:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honestly i only have ever had 2 reps wasnt aloud them before lol wormed my way into it so havent bought offline before and i get really impatiant i probs wouldnt be aloud to breed them anyway :?

might just go with the female when my others are older get a bigger viv use the old ones for a t and some anoles then maybe ? :)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
TBH dude if your undecided I'd wait until you made your mind up... if the dollar is there is there any point in rushing? Do a little research on Anoles, dig out a few pictures read some other account of keeping the little blighters :wink:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
anoles are great little things but its very rare you can handle them so it depends what you want from a lizard. :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Another thing is despite what you might read or be told in the shop, that anoles really aren't ideal for novices. Even females get on each other's cases

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Im Getting the imprestion your just wanting them is because you can get them. We can't change your mind, but just put some serous thinking into it, especially if its the Anoles - Hole new husbadnry then Leo's.

I feel your rushing the situation. Just stick with what you have for the time being. You shouldnt get bored, but if you, Research on the Anoles, Don't buy straight away. By the sounds of things, there struggling to sell at £6. Just Go Easy Mate ;)

And I think my mate Samm got his Corn from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts