Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sick if seeing countless threads where people dont give u an idea of the price they would like.

They normally have to bump it millions of times and when someone asks for a price they PM them instead of putting it on the AD.

its like stop being greedy and say what you want for it rather then waiting to see if u could get more then u wanted.

u always have a rough idea of the price u would like

·
Banned
5,384 Posts
im sick if seeing countless threads where people dont give u an idea of the price they would like.

They normally have to bump it millions of times and when someone asks for a price they PM them instead of putting it on the AD.

its like stop being greedy and say what you want for it rather then waiting to see if u could get more then u wanted.

u always have a rough idea of the price u would like

How many threads are like this one?

And how much notice by the staff is taken?

I only know of one mod who agrees with what we say. :(

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree totally.
You p-m an offer only to be told- 'i was looking for around £xx'!
Like you say, they know how much they are looking for, why not just save time and get the deal/sale done quickly!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree, I dont have alot of money and i dont wana sound stupid or rude wen i undervalue something someones selling,

Wat if they got upset cos i undervalued their favourite pet, although serves em right they should given a price they wanted in the first place.

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Yup, theres no reason not to give a price IMO. After all, from a sellers point of view, if you don't know what you are selling is worth, look at other adverts to get an idea. Otherwise, how do you know what you are being offered is fair?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I totally agree. You offer more than they were expecting and you've made their day, offer a lot less than they wanted and you are lucky to get a reply. :bash:

·
Banned
303 Posts
Well I'm speechless as to how stupid and ignorant some of the sellers on here can be. I noticed an ad for seven snakes on a thread. The thread has had almost 4500 hits yet not one snake has sold. That should have been a big clue.

I posted that I wanted a price for four of them and to be couriered to me etc. No reply, just a PM that read nothing more than "you will need to arrange your own courrier". And no price for the snakes.

Four Pm's later the seller actually got around to answering my question, for some reason they were very loathe to quote a price! When he did, he quoted double the going rate, trying to say that they were from a top american breeder. Yet, he couldn't actually tell me what "type" (1, 2 or 3) his knoblochoi was. When prompted his reply was simply, "Look on the Applegate website". Only, theres no pic of the snake he has on there.

When I mentioned this he's stopped replying. It's no wonder he's sold nothing! It's a shame that pictures, locations and prices are not compulsory as they are on other forums, a lot of time would be saved!

LB

·
Banned
303 Posts
the only explanation for doing it is that they are being greedy and opening that someone will offer them more then what they really want... which is a bit rude really
I agree. Though this chap has done me a favour as I went looking for other sellers due to the stupid and unhelpful replies I received. RFUK member Neil1978 has been very proffesional and helpful and so I'll now be buying snakes from him.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
A price should be stated be it £80 ONO its still a guide price!

Also you don't actually know who the person is sitting behind the computer screen they could have learning difficultys or anything so LB you can not really state they are "Stupid" replys when infact you know nothing of the seller.

Personally I think and this is only my opinion,

Sellers who do not put a price on their advert is A: Trying to get the highest price possible B: Unsure of what price to sell for C: Is getting a feel for the current market.

I put up for sale a few autographs of different celebs with OFFERS does that make me a bad seller I think not! At the end of the day its only worth what the buyers are willing to pay, I could of put prices up but I didn't simply because I would like to know what others would pay for autographs I've sold them from as little as £2.50 to £450 but the higher the price is the more serious the collector is.

But I have seen several of these threads stating how annoying it is to see adverts with no prices etc but its also annoying to see these threads moaning about it as well.

Prehaps someone should PM or make an open thread asking for the owner to talk to you and then discuss the problems instead of moaning about them. But you can't make everyone do what one person wants its down to the Original Poster of the thread if they want to or do not want to put a price.

·
Banned
303 Posts
Also you don't actually know who the person is sitting behind the computer screen they could have learning difficultys or anything so LB you can not really state they are "Stupid" replys when infact you know nothing of the seller.
I'm of the opinion that PM's should not be quoted on an open forum as they're private. However if you'd read what I have, then you'll see why I can and will call them stupid. They're also rude and unhelpful, but that became amusing eventually.

The person claims they need to go quickly. But doesn't want to quote prices publically as it "may put people off". The irony here is that I've been put of by a lack of info.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I wouldnt say its down to greed in every case. I have a PS2 up at the minute and I genuinely have no idea of how much its worth. Hell, we wouldnt even want a lot for it.

Its unfair to lump everybody into the same category, some people genuinely have no idea.

·
Banned
303 Posts
I wouldnt say its down to greed in every case. I have a PS2 up at the minute and I genuinely have no idea of how much its worth. Hell, we wouldnt even want a lot for it.

Its unfair to lump everybody into the same category, some people genuinely have no idea.
Get on ebay, keep an eye out for what they go for, in a days time you'll have an idea. Problem solved. ;)

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A price should be stated be it £80 ONO its still a guide price!

Personally I think and this is only my opinion,

Sellers who do not put a price on their advert is A: Trying to get the highest price possible B: Unsure of what price to sell for C: Is getting a feel for the current market.

I put up for sale a few autographs of different celebs with OFFERS does that make me a bad seller I think not! At the end of the day its only worth what the buyers are willing to pay, I could of put prices up but I didn't simply because I would like to know what others would pay for autographs I've sold them from as little as £2.50 to £450 but the higher the price is the more serious the collector is.

But I have seen several of these threads stating how annoying it is to see adverts with no prices etc but its also annoying to see these threads moaning about it as well.

Prehaps someone should PM or make an open thread asking for the owner to talk to you and then discuss the problems instead of moaning about them. But you can't make everyone do what one person wants its down to the Original Poster of the thread if they want to or do not want to put a price.

well actually i replied on ur thread and through pm about an autograph and never with u give me a price for it and u said u would send me a picture which u never did and then suddenly said u were off to ebay so does that made u a good seller?

also if u wanna get a feel for the market RESEARCH it then dont post an ad when ur unclear of a price

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Depends on the animal really. Corns, Royals, BCI/BCCs,etc are a pretty steady market and it's pretty easy to post a price by looking at the other adverts. In my opinion the problem arises when the animal is something unusual or, as somebody posted earlier, you are just testing the market to see if the time's right to sell. There will always be a few who are being greedy/awkward but please don't think that of everyone. We're not all bad. Honest : victory:.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I tend to ignore threads that say "offers" even if its something i'm interested in buying.

It also really annoys me when people say "PM for price/pics"
If you have the price and pics put them on the thread! :bash:

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
I'm of the opinion that PM's should not be quoted on an open forum as they're private. However if you'd read what I have, then you'll see why I can and will call them stupid. They're also rude and unhelpful, but that became amusing eventually.

The person claims they need to go quickly. But doesn't want to quote prices publically as it "may put people off". The irony here is that I've been put of by a lack of info.
I think I know who you are on about and I know they have difficultys so how can you call someone stupid when infact you do not know them in my opinion you can not comment if they are stupid or not because it is not your place, It could also be classed as cyber bullying!

well actually i replied on ur thread and through pm about an autograph and never with u give me a price for it and u said u would send me a picture which u never did and then suddenly said u were off to ebay so does that made u a good seller?

also if u wanna get a feel for the market RESEARCH it then dont post an ad when ur unclear of a price
Also my thread which I made RE: Autographs I didn't actually respond to you so I don't know where your getting the idea that I said that. I also stated OFFERS!! which means Offers of what you were willing to pay. I also put photographs up I might of missed the Metallica not 100% sure because I have roughly 10-15 pills a day which make me spaced out. I also didn't suddenly say I was going to sell them on Ebay so again would love to know how you came up with that!

I personally believe I am a good seller considering that I'm true to my word and do sort things out pretty quickly, But because you didn't PM me your offer does that make you a bad Buyer?

If I want to get a feel for the market then I do research but with the items I was selling they vary a great deal as said previously I could sell one for £2.50 and another for £450 it depends on the buyers at the time!

I tend to ignore threads that say "offers" even if its something i'm interested in buying.

It also really annoys me when people say "PM for price/pics"
If you have the price and pics put them on the thread! :bash:
Prehaps they want to keep it to theirselves? who knows what goes on in peoples heads its a strange thing the mind.

I do see what everyone is getting at about Offers because if you offer to little they come across arsey but if you offer to high they jump at the chance. Unfortunately people can moan about it all the time but its not something we can do anything about it is entirely down to the Forum owner/s, It does annoy me regarding the photographs though if they have got them why don't they post them up unless they are hiding something.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also my thread which I made RE: Autographs I didn't actually respond to you so I don't know where your getting the idea that I said that. I also stated OFFERS!! which means Offers of what you were willing to pay. I also put photographs up I might of missed the Metallica not 100% sure because I have roughly 10-15 pills a day which make me spaced out. I also didn't suddenly say I was going to sell them on Ebay so again would love to know how you came up with that!

I personally believe I am a good seller considering that I'm true to my word and do sort things out pretty quickly, But because you didn't PM me your offer does that make you a bad Buyer?

If I want to get a feel for the market then I do research but with the items I was selling they vary a great deal as said previously I could sell one for £2.50 and another for £450 it depends on the buyers at the time!
Depending on the buyers? so ur saying that if its someone without much money u would sell it cheap but if its someone well off you would make them pay more?

there was no picture for matallica so i asked u for one and u said u would send me it that evening which never happened.....

ok i realised that u didnt say ebay but u basically said if they wernt sold by 6pm u would sell else where... which still backs up my point that u didnt get back to me and then made a thread that basically said "last chances"

Last day tomorrow if they aren't sold by 6pm then I will be selling else where.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 70 Posts