Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my GTP for 4-5 months now but I am having to sell her for various reasons, she is in very good health, never misses a feed and sheds well. However she never goes on her hotspot which sits at 28*c and ocasionaly fluctuates but never exceeds 29*c, she just sits in the same spot every time that is at 26*c. My question is this, should i reduce her hotspot by 1*c as she may prefere slightly cooler temps, she is a sorong locality. She has access to branches at various tempeture and humidity ranges so that is not the issue as far as i am aware. I'm sure what she is doing will not do her any harm but obviously if i can make her set up more favourable to her then i will. She is in a 36ltr RUB with a mesh cutout for the ceramic on a pulse stat at one corner with a branch 2-3 inches directly below. All input from GTP keepers welcolme: victory:

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
If she's eating and shedding fine I wouldn't worry. It sounds like the snake just prefers temps of 26C. If you change your basking spot temps that wont stop the snake prefering 26C, it will just encourage it to find a different perching position since changing the hot spot will shift the whole thermal gradient in the set-up.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If she's eating and shedding fine I wouldn't worry. It sounds like the snake just prefers temps of 26C. If you change your basking spot temps that wont stop the snake prefering 26C, it will just encourage it to find a different perching position since changing the hot spot will shift the whole thermal gradient in the set-up.
Okay thankyou for the reply, I thought it was best to check incase it would be of benefit: victory:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Curious about how do you set up a GTP enclosure anyway, since they tend to be higher then the average :) :D

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious about how do you set up a GTP enclosure anyway, since they tend to be higher then the average :) :D
Heres a couple of pics of the snake and the setup it is in at the moment, its also for sale by the way:whistling2:, the link is in my sig.
Fist pics are bad quality, they were taken with a phone.

better pics of the snake

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I can't have a GTP for a few years else I'd snap your hand off for this beauty!
Hope you find a good home for her (him?) :2thumb:

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Some GTPs just like it warmer or cooler. My arus prefer it a touch warmer(28-29c), where as my biak doesnt like anything above 26c.
As Essexchondro put, if its feeding, shedding, growing and deficating properly, then 26c is just the way it likes it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts