Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i bought a snake a couple of months ago which i thought was a columbian rainbow boa but after talking to a few experts it turns out he is a guyana rainbow boa. I have attached a few pictures to hopefuly confirm that he is actually a guyana and not a columbian. As far as i can tell the giveaway is the pale cream stripe running along the length of the body and the way he has retained the golden colouration to his body.

Thanks for looking, Ben

·
Registered
965 Posts
Looks like a mean guyana Ben be carefull cus in that pic he looks as though hes about to rip ya head off:lol2::lol2:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow im glad you both think that he is a guyana, i just wanted to be clear on what specie i have. Do you know of anybody else who keep them? as i cannot find anyone who has them. Also what sort of price shou;d i expect to pay for another one of them? Yeh he does look a bit mean in that picture lol he is a little fiesty.

Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Jonestown rainbow? Is that the same thing?

What is the latin name of a guyanan?

sounds very similar to the campina we have, an integer between brazillian and a colombian very like the campina grande.

Mason

Mason

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
very nice!!! a really healthy looking snake!!! pretty too!!:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
looks like my male equadorian rainbow, pic below

hope that helps: victory::2thumb:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again....im suprised you said he looks healthy because he hasn't eaten for 2months now....tried black and white mice, chicks warmed in hot water with slight blood dripping to release more scent. He does look a bit like your equadorian but i think they have different colour eyes? but that may be argentines. The only other difference i can see is the colours on yours are a bit more defined and brighter.

Thanks, Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts