Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
True guyanan red tails CB september 06
Females £140
Males 1 @ £175 (light colouration) and 1 @ £225 (stunning example)

Will add pics shortly

im in Bedfordshire can meet/deliver within reason or use reptile taxi at buyers expense :)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they arnt as yummy lol plus ive 4 females and only 2 boys!
Oh well if they dont sell ill just have to keep them , tis such a hardship :D

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
It depends really.

With ball pythons, a proven breeder female is worth more than a male, because you can mate the male to 2 or 3 females.

With boas it's completely different, because they are not as prolific, and often you need more than a male to sparkle a bit of competition and get them to mate with the female. And even if both males get a chance to mate with the female apparently it's not a bad thing, because more chances for the eggs to get properly fertilised, therefore less chances of you ended up with still born or slugs.

I'm no expert, but I heard the same thing from so many breeders that I begin to believe in that :roll:

The bottom line is, if I was to be a male snake, I'd rather by a ball python :lol:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm i think you might just be a tart snake , are you sure you could cope with 2 willys lol

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Never thought about this possibily :roll:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
With ball pythons, a proven breeder female is worth more than a male, because you can mate the male to 2 or 3 females.
So basically males are cheaper because they're less in demand and there are spares going around (you only need one :p ). I thought it would be something more complicated like the females carry the genes better.

On a more on topic note...do you know their actual date of birth? Its not a matter of importance but I just thought it would be interesting to know since I'm a September birthday too 8) .

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Well, I'd still be happier being a male ball than a female boa :lol:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awwwww ty , im glad you are pleased with them!
only got 4 left now :( but hey if i dont sell them i get to keep them wooohooo!!!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you want 1 ill hold 1 for you , ive only got 2 females left , let me know .
ive got 1 thats been regurging hopefully with some tlc she will be ok then i can keep her lol think ill move lil un to the shed and use his room for my boas lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts