Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never see mine, can/do they burrow? Any food items i've put in are gone but I never see the wee guy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Here you go then - here's mine to remind you what they look like

I think a lot of slings like to burrow - even arboreal ones as it's safer hidden than on view up a tree or bush. Mine likes to stay out in the open but just ensure it's nice and dampish and it should be fine.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yeh mine both hide away most of the time. Sometimes I open the tub and one of them just sits out in the open though lol, not sure if he means to stay there or is a shocked at being discovered lol.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine got on my hand while I was putting him away but that's the last i've seen of it! They can jump even at this age can't they? I swear mine did

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
As far as I have read,

Immature specimens of instars 2 to 4 (I2 to I4) of both species may construct horizontal tube webs along the substrate surface and a wall of the vivarium. Typically, by instar 5, as they continue to develop in age and size, such horizontal tube webs will be extended upward to the top of the vivaria or be abandoned and a new, vertical retreat constructed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts