Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Been reading and watching YouTube. I have a bearded dragon. They say that the basking light should go off an hour or so before my strip bulb to give the effect of the sun going down. With the thermostat I have I can't get the basking light to go out first. I can get the strip bulb to go out first but not the basking bulb. I've tried switching the plugs round but with no joy.

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
Hi all. Been reading and watching YouTube. I have a bearded dragon. They say that the basking light should go off an hour or so before my strip bulb to give the effect of the sun going down. With the thermostat I have I can't get the basking light to go out first. I can get the strip bulb to go out first but not the basking bulb. I've tried switching the plugs round but with no joy.

Sorry I know very little about lizards and their needs or the Stat you refer to ..
I'd have expected swapping plugs to have worked though at least in theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The stat won't turn off mate its there to keep the temperature stable you can always lower the temperature so it will dim down to where there's very little light but providing background heat or have the stat on a timer or simply unplug it yourself

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stat does go off. It's got 2 timers on it.but the probe is only connected to one plug not both. So I've now got it to turn off tube bulb and hour later turn off basking bulb

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Is it the 'magic eye' version?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts