Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking into other ways to heat my viv's and to upgrade the current heat mats and bulbs in my snake tanks and future viv's.
I've read abit about AHS heaters and the Reptile Radiator, are these the same thing? Or is one better than the other?
Does anyone use them? How safe are they? And are they suitable for humid conditions?
What are the Pro's and Con's of each unit?

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I have reptile radiator if i right in saying they only go up to a 100watts thats the one i have they are a thing panel about a inch thick seem to work fine in humid vivs but you do need to add a thermostat to it. The ahs do have stats built in to them and are imo alot better way of heating a larger viv but i have never owned one but have seen them working.

·
Registered
351 Posts
dredging up old posts cause i'm in the middle of making te same decission as how to heat the new viv. Also having built the thing i now think that some form of lighting might be a good idea after all, a visible liight only bulb shouldnt put out too much heat i woudlnt think and even if it did the stat from the heater would cut out the heater should it get too hot in there? Is that the same conclusion as you came to? Which method did you decide to go for in the end?

M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.