Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of going to one of these shows this year. Am I right thinking they are both in March? If so does anyone know the exact dates of these, as I will have to book the time off work.
Also which one is better for snakes?
Finally (sorry bout all the Q's) does anyone know roughly how much it'll cost to get in?
Many Thanks
Kris

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yes they are, i have asked a few times, hamm seems to be more popularm although houten does have a day just for snakes.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i read an article on hamm the other night and it was saying the animals are kept in shite conditions,and more than 25 percent are dead within days of buying,regulars on here who have been in person how did you find it

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Where was that article?

To a certain extent i agree that there a lot of animals that are kept in less than perfect conditions but to say the respectable breeders and dealers are in a minority is a blatant lie.

It is inevitable that when you have so many people selling there will be those that aren't great, it may look worse here as ther are so very many people selling.

Back on topic, if you want snakes then october and Houten is for you. Snakeday is completely devoted to snakes (suprise!!) and as such has plenty.

Houten is far smaller than Hamm but i personally prefer it - the atmosphere is much friendlier.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
see above post mate

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Reticulatus, what do you think about saving to buy in the fairs ? For instance, I'm not sure if it's worth for me to splash some cash in royal morphs now in case I can get them cheaper in either Hamm or Houten.

By the way, how much cheaper you find things there, is it really cheaper or a myth. I mean taking the trip into consideration, because I'd not go there just to buy a couple of corns, as it would turn out to be very expensive taking the bus and accomodation into consideration.

Also, do they check in the broder what you are bringing into the country ? Can you get fined for bringing live animals with no authorisation ?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Save your money :wink:

As long as you have a receipt for any cities animals there are no problems bringing them through.

I've been stopped twice and had no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts